It’s hard to believe a new year has already begun – 2010 flew by, but I’m really looking forward to a great year in 2011. I thought I’d share with you some of my goals and plans for this year:
– In 2011 I plan to start the year by painting for me again – I finished out 2010 with a few commissions, and while I really enjoyed the challenge of completing them and was really proud of the results, I had a bunch of other ideas in the back of my mind that I didn’t get a chance to try out. So this year I’m going to try to get a few of those ideas down on paper or canvas.
– Speaking of too many ideas running around in my head (no wonder I’m having trouble remembering what day it is) – I also plan to keep an art journal close by, so I can put down ideas as they come to me, so when I don’t have time to paint they don’t end up getting forgotten.
– This year I’m also looking forward to starting a commission for some friends of mine. Last year I sold one of my favourite paintings, Colours of Nature, and while I was thrilled to have made a sale I was just a little sad to see it go. So I’m really happy to be painting a big version on canvas for friends – that way even though I’ll be saying goodbye to it I’ll be able to visit! I’m looking forward to getting started on it.
– I plan to participate in prompts like Illustration Friday as often as possible. It’s a great way to push me out of my comfort zone to try something new.
– I’m going to try to paint at least once per week, and update this website at least once per week. OK I know this is the type of resolution doomed to failure. Sometimes other things (like working full time in a demanding job) get in the way. Nonetheless, it’s a goal I’m going to do my best to achieve. Now just stay tuned to watch the excuses come rolling in.
– Finally, one of my biggest (and scariest) goals for this year is to actively seek out places to exhibit my work, and to consider doing a solo exhibition.
1 thought on “Goals and Plans for 2011”
[…] Kirsten Bailey: Art « Goals and Plans for 2011 […]
Comments are closed.