I recently wrote about participating in this month’s colour challenge at Two Happy Stampers, which involves creating something using the following colours:
I wanted to have another go at creating a painting using these colours, and this is what I came up with:
It reminds me of the shrubs they have around my school which drop white flowers in a carpet all over the ground. The branch of the tree is actually painted in navy watercolour paint although it looks pretty close to black.
Earlier this week I wrote about the Two Happy Stampers Colour Challenge. When stuck for ideas for a theme for my Saturday Selections this week, I thought why not take the colour challenge that little bit further, and find some lovely items from Etsy featuring Coral, Teal, White and Navy?
Here’s what I found:
Top to bottom, left to right:
1. Mermaid Twist Earrings by Gypsy’s Closet. Simple but elegant and beautiful, these earrings feature a coral bead and aqua chalcedony briolette connected by a gold twisted loop.
2. Royal Blue Earrings by Designs by Tisha. These are just stunning. The Morrocan silver plated filligree drops are so pretty, and are set off beautifully by a blue Czech fire polished crystal.
3. Navy Blue Pillow Cover with Cherry Blossoms by Sassy Pillows. I love the way the navy background on this pillow sets off the pretty coral, green and white cherry blossoms.
4. Lotus Favorite Mug by YogaGoat. Most of us have a favourite mug or cup – the one you always reach for when you need that cup of tea or coffee. I can easily see this mug becoming someone’s favourite – I love the coral lotus flower design, and the little thumb rests on the top of the handles.
5. Unique Summer Garden Necklace by You and Me and Bead. Isn’t this necklace just so pretty? It features a coral coloured flower with little antiqued brass branches and soft teal green freshwater pearls.
6. Turquoise and Ivory Traditions Damask Table Runner by Darling Occasions. I love table runners – they’re a great way to create a feature of your table, and tie in the colours of the room, without covering up the whole table like a tablecloth does. This pretty runner would be a great centerpiece to any dining table. I love the way it’s been paired with the white vases in this photograph, too.
I think I still have one more idea up my sleeve for this colour challenge, so stay tuned…
Yes, I have even more trees!
This painting was inspired by one of my favourite quotes:
“In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
In other news, I have posted my first fan special on my KL Bailey Art Facebook Fan Page. If you’re not already a Fan, become one today – I will be posting weekly specials on paintings!!
This week’s inpsiration topic over at Inspire Me Thursday is “Tree”. Well, I love trees too much to just stop at one!
I’ve actually done several tree paintings this weekend but I thought I’d space them out a bit.
This one is called “Silver White Winter”. I did the silver detailing with glass paint. It keeps its shine and gives the painting a textured feel.
It’s a weird painting to do at this time of year, as it was stinking hot here today, but I am listing it in my Etsy shop and hoping that it’ll be picked for a winter feature, as it is winter in the northern hemisphere where most Etsy buyers are from!
More trees to come, so stay tuned!!